This Week in Homesteading
March 4, 2016
From my favorite homesteading blogs this week:
- On my to-do list: how to grow potatoes in a container.
- If you enjoyed my post on pressure canning beef stew meat, you might also be interested in canning chicken.
- Dairy goats– disbudded, horned, or polled? Our two does just happen to be polled, so we didn’t have to make the decision whether or not to disbud.
On YouTube this week:
- A good reminder about caring for your homestead community.
- Check it out — a chicken waterer that’s always clean and never freezes!
- I’ve never heard of cardboard bedding before and I definitely want to call around and see if I can find it locally.
Amanda lives with her family on a little red farmstead in northwestern Pennsylvania. By day she's a web developer specializing in WordPress and in her off time she enjoys working with goats and other livestock on the farm, canning, knitting, and crocheting.