This Week in Homesteading
February 26, 2016
Be sure to keep up with the goings-on around the Little Red Farmstead throughout the week by following us on your favorite social media networks — Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook!
From my favorite homesteading blogs this week:
- The Very Basics About Canning Everyone Should Know.
- I have SO much to learn about understanding goat pedigrees (our goats are registered with the ADGA).
- Did you realize how easy it is to make homemade mayo? I may have to try this. (P.S. The Fewell Homestead is one of my new favorite blogs!)
- The pros and cons of free-ranging your chickens.
On YouTube this week:
- Justin from Abundant Permaculture explains how he feeds his 30 chickens for $1.25 a day. I just remembered I have some beef liver lingering in the freezer from last year that we’ll probably never eat — wonder if our feathered dinos would enjoy that?
- OurHalfAcreHomestead shared this nifty 51-year-old canning pamphlet.
- I am dying to make these brown sugar biscuits and these homemade cheese crackers. Sigh — maybe on a diet cheat-day? I AM going to experiment making some beef jerky, diet or not.
Amanda lives with her family on a little red farmstead in northwestern Pennsylvania. By day she's a web developer specializing in WordPress and in her off time she enjoys working with goats and other livestock on the farm, canning, knitting, and crocheting.