This Week in Homesteading
November 13, 2015
From my favorite homesteading blogs this week:
- Learn how to roast any squash, including a no-cut method.
- On my to-do list: assembling a chicken emergency first-aid kit. (See also: Chicken 911! from the What The Cluck podcast.)
- The best way to cook stewing hens or prepare a pastured turkey.
- With the holidays right around the corner, this list of 100+ gift ideas for homesteaders might just come in handy!
On YouTube this week:
- Big Family Homestead shared how to make sugar cream pie.
- Our Half Acre Homestead made candied pineapple for fruit cake.
- Appalachia’s Homestead brought home new silkie chicks.
- Jenna Woginrich shared how she makes money as a homesteader.
Amanda lives with her family on a little red farmstead in northwestern Pennsylvania. By day she's a web developer specializing in WordPress and in her off time she enjoys working with goats and other livestock on the farm, canning, knitting, and crocheting.
Amy Young Miller
Thanks for the link, chickie! And I love, love, love that picture of the buff hen!
Thank YOU for sharing so much fantastic content! 🙂
Thanks for sharing my squash post! 🙂
Absolutely! I’ve gotten a lot of squash from our CSA this year and have been working for simple, tasty ways to enjoy it. So your post was perfectly-timed!
Thanks for sharing our gift ideas post!! I LOVE your farm! We have an 1888 beauty ourselves 🙂
Thanks, Alexandrea! There is just nothing like a historical home, right?! I know ours is drafty and quirky, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.