This Week in Homesteading
November 6, 2015
- Learn the best way to cook stewing hens. I really liked the comparison photo of a Cornish-X meat bird and a Production Red. We have a couple of Production Reds, and it’s good to know what to expect in a couple years when they stop laying!
- Is nature deficit disorder a real thing? Food for thought. (I think, like the author, I can agree it is part of the problem.)
- Lisa Steele wrote all about roosting bars for your coop.
- How to market and sell your chicken eggs on YouTube.
- Justin Rhodes from Abundant Permaculture answers “Why chickens?” (Because really, why NOT?!)
Amanda lives with her family on a little red farmstead in northwestern Pennsylvania. By day she's a web developer specializing in WordPress and in her off time she enjoys working with goats and other livestock on the farm, canning, knitting, and crocheting.